Minimum investment: €175,000
Residency in 9-12 months
Visa-free travel throughout the Schengen area
No minimum residency period required
The whole family is eligible for the program
Ideal For Philippine Investors
This program is designed for those Philippine investors who are willing to buy or lease a property, together with a donation to an NGO in order to obtain an indefinite Maltese residence permit.
Purchase of a property
- Make a contribution of €68,000 to a Maltese governmental entity.
- Purchase a property with a minimum value of €300,000 in the south of Malta and Gozo, or of €350,000 in any other area of the country.
Lease a property
- Make a contribution of €98,000 to a Maltese governmental entity.
- Rent a residential property for a minimum annual rental value of €10,000 in the south of Malta and Gozo, or €12,000 in any other part of the country.
- Applicants must make an additional donation of €2,000 to an NGO registered with the Commission for Voluntary Organizations. Investors must have €500,000 of capital, of which €150,000 must be demonstrable as liquid financial assets held in a bank account.
- RESIDENCY IN THE EU: Permanent residency in the EU within 12 months.
- FAVORABLE TAX SYSTEM: Maltese residents are taxed only on domestic profits.
- VISA-FREE TRAVEL IN THE EU: Freedom of movement within the Schengen area without a visa for 90 days every six months.
- ELIGIBLE FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY: Spouses, children of any age provided they are not married and they are financially dependent, parents and grandparents.
- NO STAY REQUIREMENT: Neither before nor after obtaining residency.
- HIGH STANDARDS OF EDUCATION: Access to world-class universities offering low tuition fees.
- SIMPLE WORK PERMIT PROCESS: Malta’s permanent residents enjoy a simplified work permit application process.
- 5 YEARS OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE: Renewable indefinitely.
The most obvious route is not always the most convenient. Our professional advice will help you choose the most suitable route for you.
Submit residency application
The completed application and all supporting documentation will be sent to the government agency responsible for processing the application.
Processing of application and confirmation of receipt
Once the application is approved, formal confirmation of validity will be sent. It may take up to 6 more months to process the application.
Complete the investment
Once final approval is received, you will be asked to complete the investment and pay the remaining amount of the financial contribution to the Maltese government.
You will be notified when the application has been approved
The government will send a letter of approval and you will be issued with a residence permit.